Introducing OELR’s new Education Leaders Podcast
We have had an amazing response following the premiere of our new Education Leaders Podcast series – Inspirational Education Leaders. So we wanted make sure you are not missing out on our monthly podcast series. Operam Education Leadership Recruitment recognises the challenges that education leaders face and the isolated nature of the role. So many potential leaders may also be unsure of what path to take and whether to take the leap into headship. So, we have initiated an original podcast series where we interview current leaders in education about their journey, challenges, and thoughts on current issues. Learn about their experiences to help shape your own – Together shaping better futures.
Episode 1: Navigating Leadership Challenges with Sarah North
The journey to leadership isn’t always smooth; this was the case for Sarah North, Co-CEO for The Oak Academy Trust. Before embarking on her career in education, she was advised not to go into teaching as she was “too introverted.” Sarah proved them wrong! She went on to teach science and moved forward into multiple leadership positions.
In our first episode, our host sat down with Sarah and found out more about her inspiring journey. We learnt about how she got to where she is today, the biggest challenges that she faces now and her motivations and beliefs.
The podcast covers:
- The power of supporting staff and the knock-on effect this has on pupils.
- Developing an open culture where people can feel comfortable with asking questions.
- Offering flexible working and staff retention benefits.
- Has the cost-of-living crisis affected staff and pupils?
- Common myths about school leaders.
- How can ECTs progress to a head teacher position?
- What would Sarah do differently if she was to start her career tomorrow?
- Our conversation with Sarah was an inspiring and informative start to the podcast.
To find out more about Operam Education Leadership Recruitment, please click here