Operam Education Leadership Recruitment are working in partnership with a Specialist Setting, based in Warrington, to appoint an enthusiastic, highly organised and committed school leader to join their Senior Leadership Team from September 2022.
The hiring school is Warrington’s specialist setting for pupils in Key stage 2 – 4 with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs. Having been assessed as ‘Good’ in all areas by Ofsted in January 2019, the successful applicant will join the school at an exciting time in their development, as they set out to review their behaviour and attendance policy and practice. Whilst under the direction of the Head teacher, the successful applicant will play a key role in driving forward their agenda for excellence as it relates to their behaviour and attendance culture and ethos.
The appointed candidate will have:
- Significant experience, knowledge and understanding of the academic and personal development needs of children with social emotional and mental health needs
- A high level of interpersonal skills used with pupils, adults and professionals.
- A record of successful experience of contribution to whole school initiatives
- Meticulous record keeping skills, and the ability to plan, organise, manage others, and prioritise records and own workload.
- Enthusiasm for training others and delivering CPD in understanding and supporting the SEMH needs of young people exhibiting challenging behaviour.
- An understanding of the barriers to learning faced by disadvantaged children and their families, and how to support children in their emotional well-being
- An understanding of the assessment process for CAMHS, early help and other statutory interventions, including local criteria for action.
- A commitment to excellence for all pupils
What the school can offer you:
- An opportunity to play a major role in the development of a fabulous school
- A dedicated, supportive and friendly staff to collaborate with
- Excellent relationships with Local Schools and the LA
- Happy children who enjoy coming to school, and parents who strongly support our nurturing ethos
- A supportive Governing Body
If you are interested in hearing more about this role, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org and book in an initial consult meeting with an OELR consultant. Applications are welcomed from candidates looking to re-locate.