KEY BENEFITS TO NQT SUPPLY TEACHING
- Experience – It will give you inside access to a huge variety of schools to ensure that you pick the right one for your induction.
- Flexibility – You can build your teaching days around your personal life and take full control of work-life balance
- Variety – You can test drive lots of different classroom settings to see if they are the right fit for your strengths.
- Transition to permanent teaching – Once you start supply teaching, it can make it easier for you to make the move to a permanent role.
Some schools start to recruit for September as early as January. The peak recruitment time is from March to late May. Normally, after this the number of advertisements falls and some NQTs may get their jobs as late as mid-July, however, given the current climate, timescales will need to be adapted depending on government guidance.
Here’s a top tip from one of our candidates for NQT supply teaching. “If you are lucky enough to have a TA, utilise them as much as possible, learn from them too; chances are they will have been doing the job longer than you and they’ll have the inside knowledge of the school. Show them respect and gratitude; don’t be afraid to delegate, sometimes NQTs hold on to too much administrative tasks, wanting to prove themselves but you’ll soon realise the volume of work! In time, offer to help them to develop”. Donna, Primary School, Bury
Why register with us for NQT supply teaching?
- Work/life balance – you choose when and where you want to work
- Day to day, short/long term contracts and permanent positions
- The chance to enhance your experience and opportunities
- Excellent hourly rates of pay
- Friendly consultants, always at the end of the phone
View our latest vacancies here
Download your NQT Toolkit
Check out the latest Covid-19 updates from the Government