Core Safeguarding Principles
We acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice that reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice requirements. All children and vulnerable adults, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity, have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse.
This policy applies to all internal staff at Operam Education Group as well temporary workers, candidates and contractors. Operam Education Group is fully compliant with Keeping Children Safe in Education – September 2018. Operam Education Group is committed to ensuring their work is consistent with safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. All candidates placed by Operam Education Group are expected to take all reasonable steps to ensure they are alert to possible child abuse and neglect, and to familiarise themselves with arrangements for safeguarding children in the schools where they are placed.
Safeguarding Aims and Objectives
This policy is designed to meet the above principles by ensuring that:
- Those who are known to be unsuitable do not gain access to children or vulnerable adults.
- Those who become unsuitable are detected at the earliest stage and prevented from continuing to work with children and vulnerable adults.
- Those who intend to do harm are prevented at every possible stage from entering the workforce.
- It is as simple as possible for an individual to report that they are being harmed or feel at risk of being harmed.
- Clear procedures will be implemented where child protection issues arise.
- Effective management is provided for staff, temporary workers, candidates and contractors through support and training.
- All necessary checks are made on staff, temporary workers, candidates and contractors.
- Operam Education Group stays up to date with developments on safeguarding best practice, reporting and auditing our safeguarding activities annually and reviewing and updating our policies and practices every 12 months.
- Those who are identified as being at risk of abuse are afforded every practicable protection by Operam Education Group and our subcontractors/partners.
- Operam Education Group will report any concerns regarding any individual, or any potential safeguarding situation that it becomes aware of as soon as practicable to the appropriate authority.
- Those we discover are being abused are afforded the relevant protection and assistance by the relevant bodies as soon as practicably possible.
- At an individual and collective level employee are involved in ensuring Safeguarding is embedded across our services to ensure a whole organisation approach so that individuals are adequately covered by this policy.