Here at Key Stage Teacher Supply, we want our supply teachers, teaching assistants and nursery nurses to be asked back to the schools that they visit. If a school is happy with one of our members of staff, then so are we. And so are the children. And so is the teacher! Its a win-win-win-win!
To ensure continue supply work, Here are a few tips to ensure that you make a good impression:
- Smile – you would be surprised how much of a difference this makes. Agencies like ours often hear positive feedback about ‘smiley’ teachers and support staff – it seems to be a memorable trait!
- Be on time – be clear about where you are going and set off in plenty of time. It sounds obvious, but staff who are late won’t usually be asked to come back.
- Volunteer for playground duty – for obvious reasons, this will go down well. It also gives you the opportunity to meet and get to know the children.
- Leave a note – it is really important to leave the returning teacher an indication of how the day went, which work was completed, who did well, etc. Key Stage Teacher Supply will provide you with a ‘handover notes’ format to use.
- Say goodbye – it is important to make someone in the school office aware when you are leaving.This is also an opportunity to say thankyou for a lovely day (hopefully), and to mention that you would like to come back in future.
If you would like to discuss the supply work we have available across Lancashire and Cumbria, then please give Catherine a call on 01254 507210.
Or sign up to our easy registration online, here.
COVID-19 update: Here’s the link to Gov updates for schools on Covid 19.